- This event has passed.
2016 United States Conference on AIDS (USCA)
*Held in Florida.
The 2016 conference will be held September 15 – 18 at The Diplomat Resort in Hollywood, FL. The 2015 USCA ushered in a new era of alternative meeting formats designed to address the needs of new and seasoned conference attendees dealing with an ever-changing epidemic. 2016 will be no different. Among the more exciting changes are a revamp of the conference tracks. Sessions will address current issues such as the importance of race in HIV services, biomedical HIV prevention, and women and violence (see the Abstracts tab for a full list). Additionally, USCA’s 2016 southern Florida conference locale provides a needed opportunity to address the epidemic among populations in the Caribbean diaspora – the target population for this year. As our communities encounter rising infection rates, new and innovative methods are needed to turn the tide.
CHLPI’s Robert Greenwald, Kevin Costello, and Carmel Shachar will be presenting throughout the conference, and are leading the Affordable Care Act Pathway, which includes the following sessions:
– Fighting Against Discriminatory Health Insurance Practices
– Tips for Keeping Health Coverage Throughout the Year
– How to Get Your Medicaid Program to Work for You
– The ACA and Ryan White Program: Getting Your Voice Heard
– ACA: Important Things to Know and a Time to Ask Questions
– ACA Lessons Learned Applied to a National HCV Access Campaign