- This event has passed.
Beating HCV: An Open Forum on Opportunities & Challenges for Treating HCV in MA
The Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation (CHLPI) of Harvard Law School and the Massachusetts Viral Hepatitis Coalition will host Beating HCV: An Open Forum on Opportunities and Challenges for Treating Hepatitis C in Massachusetts on May 5, 2016, from 1:00 – 4:00 pm at the Boston Common Hotel & Conference Center, 40 Trinity Place, Boston, MA 02116.
HCV is currently taking a dramatic toll on the health of Massachusetts’ residents. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, acute cases of HCV in Massachusetts between 2009 and 2013 increased 1200%. In 2013, there were nearly 8,000 reported HCV diagnoses reported. While new research has led to the development of treatments that can effectively cure HCV, Massachusetts still faces significant challenges in its battle to turn the tide on this disease. At Beating HCV: An Open Forum participants will examine the impact of HCV in Massachusetts and engage in a discussion regarding the current opportunities and challenges to expanding access to HCV prevention, screening, and treatment.
The forum will feature a panel of experts, including:
- Robert Greenwald, Clinical Professor of Law & Faculty Director, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation of Harvard Law School (Moderator)
- Arthur Kim, Director Viral Hepatitis Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Daniel Tsai, Assistant Secretary for MassHealth & Medicaid Director (Invited, not confirmed)
- Kevin Cranston, Assistant Commissioner & Director of Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Larry Day, Consumer/Manager of Peer Support Services, Justice Resource Institute
Following this series of brief presentations, all participants will be invited to engage in an open discussion, facilitated by the program organizers.
Please RSVP using this link.
If you have any questions regarding Beating HCV: An Open Forum, please contact CHLPI at email@example.com.