- This event has passed.
Food Is Medicine Symposium (Indianapolis)
Meals on Wheels of Central Indiana will hold the second annual “Food Is Medicine” state symposium Thursday, April 12 in Indianapolis. The symposium will take an in-depth look at how medically tailored food plays an essential role in outcome-driven, cost-effective health care models.
Medically tailored food is prepared under the direction of a physician to individuals who are chronically ill with the individual patient’s specific nutritional needs in mind.
The symposium, which is in its second year, stems from Meals on Wheels’ involvement in the Food Is Medicine Coalition, a national association of medically tailored food and nutrition service providers. Meals on Wheels joined the coalition in 2015 as part of an effort to strengthen its services to critically and chronically ill individuals.
- Barb Morris, Meals on Wheels of Central Indiana
- Brent Anderson, Indiana State Dept. of Health
- Lisa Dillman, Dillman Law Group
- LaRona Dixon, Indianapolis Urban League
- Katie Garfield, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation, Harvard Law School
- Dr. Lisa Harris, CEO of Eskenazi Health
- Paul Hepfer, The Health Trust
- Palmer MacKie, M.D., Eskenazi Health and IU School of Medicine
- Lorna O’Connell, Indiana Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Kathy Patrick, Strategic Sense Consulting
- Tom Thaman, Eskenazi Health