- This event has passed.
Health Care Bootcamp
The Health Law and Policy Clinic (HLPC) will be holding an introductory Health Care Bootcamp for incoming students on Friday January 27th from 3:15-5:00PM in WCC 3138. This Bootcamp will provide an overview of key health care topics, including:
- How health insurance works;
- Basics of the U.S. health insurance systems (Medicare vs. Medicaid vs. private insurance);
- Health insurance in the U.S. political landscape;
- Evolving health insurance payment structures; and
- State and federal regulation of health care
The Bootcamp is intended to provide incoming HLPC students with a basic understanding of terms and concepts that you will likely encounter in your clinic work. Bootcamp participants will also receive additional background materials that they can reference throughout the semester. The Bootcamp is not mandatory, but is highly recommended for students who are new to the U.S. health care system or who would like to refresh their understanding of any of the topics listed above. Snacks will also be provided!