Join Emily Broad Leib, Director of the Food Law and Policy Clinic on June 10, 2015, 8:30am-5:00pm at Sever Hall, Harvard University for the first annual Healthy Food Fuels Hungry Minds: Serving Change in Public School Food.
Join this first annual conference to understand the current state of childhood nutrition, the nuances of the federal law, the economic, logistical and technical constraints faced by foodservice providers, and creative solutions for improving offerings. This one-day education session will help us forge a collective understanding on the role each of us plays as parents, providers and advocates to effect meaningful change.
Who Should Attend: School Nutrition Directors*, Parents, Policy & Wellness Advocates, Officials and Academics in the areas of Law, Nutrition, Public Health and Education (*Conference attendance earns continuing education credits)
Registration Fee: $35; limited scholarships are available.
Registration & Full Conference Agenda: https://healthyfoodhungryminds.eventbrite.com
Featured Speakers & Presenters:
- Ann Cooper, The Ann Cooper Foundation
- Katie Millet, Massachusetts Office of Nutrition & Health
- Eric Rimm, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Emily Broad Leib, Harvard Food Law & Policy Clinic
- Scott Richardson, Project Bread
- Kirsten Saenz Tobey, Revolution Foods
- Catherine D’Amato, Greater Boston Food Bank
- S. Paul Reville, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- and more!
The conference is presented by Let’s Talk About Food, Massachusetts State Office of Nutrition and Health, Harvard Food Law & Policy Clinic, and Harvard University Dining Services’ Food Literacy Project.