The Food Law Student Leadership Summit convenes law students from around the country who share a passion for creating a transparent, equitable, just, and sustainable food system. Food law and policy is a fast-growing field within the legal profession and society at large.
The 2020 Summit will be held February 28 – March 1st in Fayetteville, Arkansas at the University of Arkansas School of Law. The event will be co-hosted by the University of Arkansas LL.M. Program in Agricultural and Food Law and the Food Law and Policy Clinic at Harvard Law School, with support from the National Food Law Student Network.
The Food Law Student Leadership Summit was launched in 2015 at Harvard Law School by the Food Law and Policy Clinic, with support from the Charles M. Haar Food and Health Law and Policy Fund and GRACE Communications Foundation. This annual Summit convenes students from around the country who share a passion for food law. Each year this event provides the opportunity for approximately 70 law students from nearly 50 law schools and two dozen nationally-renowned food law faculty, practitioners, and expert speakers to gather and discuss the most pressing issues in food law, allowing attendees to:
- deepen their understanding of key food law and policy issues;
- hear from advocates, academics, policy practitioners, policymakers, and more;
- work with a small group to develop and present policy solutions;
- gain valuable resources and insights for promoting food law and policy at their schools;
- tour local food organizations; and
- network and establish lasting connections with dedicated law students from across the country.
Hotel accommodations and all meals in Fayetteville will be provided for all admitted Summit participants. A transportation stipend will be provided to cover a portion of participants’ travel costs.
We will review applications on a rolling basis beginning in November and encourage students to apply early. Admitted students will be notified in December and January. Please email any questions to email@example.com.