- This event has passed.
Fighting Type 2 Diabetes Through Policy Reform
WEDNESDAY, JULY 23rd, 2014
2:00 – 3:15pm (EST); 11:00-12:15pm (PST)
Webinar: Fighting Type 2 Diabetes Through Policy Reform: New Jersey and North Carolina as Case Studies
Comprehensive policy reform can help combat the Type 2 Diabetes epidemic through efforts directed at disease prevention and management. As part of the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation’s Together on Diabetes Initiative, the PATHS (Providing Access to Healthy Solutions) project has researchers and attorneys identifying opportunities for impactful policy change with respect to type 2 diabetes in New Jersey and North Carolina.
Join us for a Web Forum that will showcase the work, lessons, goals, and implications of PATHS’ health-motivated policy work. Presenters from the Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation at Harvard Law School (CHLPI) will share the:
- Most urgent statewide issues;
- Process and plan for developing a dynamic advocacy agenda and moving it forward in both locations; and
- National implications for this state-level work.
During the Web Forum, we will also discuss the translation of on-the-ground disease management experience into policy and legislative action, and will introduce the soon-to-be-live CHLPI website intended to be a home for diabetes policy reform resources.
This Web Forum is for all diabetes providers who know that systemic change is necessary for good health outcomes in their patients and clients, as well as local and state-level policymakers, legislators, and advocates.
- Alli Condra, Senior Clinical Fellow, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation
- Sarah Downer, Clinical Instructor on Law, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation
- Francine Grabowski, Lead Diabetes Educator, Camden Citywide Diabetes Collaborative