- This event has passed.
Seventh Annual Food is Medicine Symposium
Join the Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation of Harvard Law School, Harvard Law School Food Law and Policy Clinic, and Community Servings, as we present data and recommendations from the recently launched, first-in-the-nation Massachusetts Food is Medicine State Plan report.
The symposium will feature a facilitated discussion with health care providers, community-based organizations, and researchers about ongoing efforts to implement the State Plan. Keynote speaker Lauren Taylor will discuss upcoming opportunities and challenges for Massachusetts Food is Medicine programs in light of reforms to the Massachusetts Medicaid system.
- Lauren A. Taylor, Doctoral Student, Harvard Business School, Co-Author, How are Massachusetts Community-Based Organizations Responding to the Health Care Sector’s Entry into Social Determinants of Health, Keynote Address
- Emily Broad Leib, JD, Director of the Harvard Law School Food Law and Policy Clinic, Lead Author, Doctoring Our Diet: Policy Tools to Include Nutrition in U.S. Medical Training
- Robert Greenwald, JD, Faculty Director, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation; Clinical Professor of Law, Harvard Law School, Moderator
- Kathryn Garfield, JD, Clinical Instructor, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation, Harvard Law School, Moderator
- David B. Waters, CEO, Community Servings, Moderator
Food is Medicine State Plan Task Force Leaders
- Kathryn Brodowski, MD MPH, Co-Chair, Provider Nutrition Education Task Force
- Jean Terranova, JD, Director of Food and Health Policy, Community Servings, Co-Chair, Community Based Organization Task Force
- Charlotte Bruce, MPH, Resarch and Policy Analyst, Children’s HealthWatch, Co-Chair, Research Task Force