- This event has passed.
Sixth Annual Health Law Year in P/Review
The Sixth Annual Health Law Year in P/Review symposium will feature leading experts discussing major developments during 2017 and what to watch out for in 2018. The discussion at this day-long event will cover hot topics in such areas as health policy under the new administration, regulatory issues in clinical research, law at the end-of-life, patient rights and advocacy, pharmaceutical policy, reproductive health, and public health law.
This event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited and registration is required. Register now!
9:00-9:05am, Welcome Remarks
9:00-10:00am, Health Care Reform: Private Markets
10:05-11:05am, Health Care Reform: Medicaid
- Robert Greenwald, Clinical Professor of Law and Director, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation and Health Law and Policy Clinic, Harvard Law School
- John McDonough, Professor of the Practice of Public Health and Director of the Center for Executive and Continuing Professional Education, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- Judith Solomon, Vice President for Health Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Benjamin Sommers, Associate Professor of Health Policy and Economics, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
11:20-11:45am, Health IP
11:45am-12:10pm, Drug Pricing
12:10-12:35pm, Law and Dementia
Lunch will be provided.
1:20-1:45pm, Response to the Opioid Epidemic
1:45-2:10pm, Discrimination in Health Care: Sexual Orientation and Disability Issues
- Kevin Costello, Litigation Director, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation and Lecturer on Law, Harvard Law School
2:10-2:35pm, Charlie Gard and Right to Try Laws
2:35-3:00pm, Immigration and Health
3:15-4:15pm, Law & Ethics of Breakthrough Reproductive Technologies: From Gene Editing to In Vitro Gametogenesis
4:15-4:40pm, Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law Updates
4:40-5:00pm, Concluding Remarks